Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at an impressive 2,697/1644 MB/s with the 512GB RD400. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. We note the impressive performance at 4K transfers. The highest sequential performance is achieved at 512KB transfers.
Both the 512GB and 1TB RD400 exceed the performance of the 950 Pro at 32KB-8MB. The 1TB RD400 outpaces the 512GB model. The 256GB RD400 outperforms the 256GB 950 Pro handily.
The RD400's all perform similarly when reading sequential data. All three capacity points outperform Intel's best consumer SSD. We observe the RD400's momentary lapse in performance at 32-64KB transfers. This is exactly what we observed when we tested the XG3. Overall the 950 Pro's display a better performance curve.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. In terms of overall scoring, the RD400's are able to best Samsung's competing solutions. The RD400's superior write performance really adds to the overall score which is the reason their total score exceeds that of the 950 Pro's. This is also the reason Intel's 1.2TB 750 wins this test with a high score of 12.7K. The 950 Pro's display superior read performance, while the Intel 750 displays inferior read performance at consumer queue depths.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The RD400's outperform the Intel 750 up to QD16 (consumer queue depth). The Samsung drives display the best performance up to QD16 and QD32. At queue depths above 32, Intel's 750 1.2 TB hits its stride and distances itself from the competition. Realistically, though, it is a rare occurrence when a consumer based SSD hits queue depths of 32 or greater.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
The Intel's 1.2 TB 750 easily wins this test. The Samsung SSDs max out at QD2-4. The RD400's all display better QD1 write performance than the 950 Pro's and much better write performance overall. Just as it is listed in OCZ's factory specifications, the 256GB RD400 delivers the highest write IOPS of the three capacity points at QD32. We note that we are getting far higher write IOPS at QD32 than factory specifications indicate. We note that at QD8 and above the 256GB RD400 is pumping out double the IOPS of Samsung's 950 Pro 256GB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties, & OCZ SSD Utility]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made $126m on PC last month, PUBG made $103m
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered ships WITHOUT multiplayer?!
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit