The look and style of the GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition is identical to that of the GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, with its redesigned vapor chamber cooler and a polygonal shroud which looks awesome in person. There's a backplate on the GTX 1070, just like the GTX 1080, which keeps the rear of the card cooler, and acts as a premium touch to the rear of the card - making it look even better than it already does.
Now, let's take a look at, and around the GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition video card.
The front of the GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition is identical to that GTX 1080, with its polygonal shroud and blower-style cooler. The card just looks great.
The back of the GTX 1070 FE is identical to the GTX 1080 FE, with the sleek backplate that keeps the rear of the card cool.
The same display connectivity from the GTX 900 series continues with the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080, with 3 x DP 1.4 (capable of 4K 120Hz and 8K 60Hz), 1 x HDMI 2.0 and 1 x DVI.
NVIDIA only requires 1 x 8-pin PCIe power connector for the GTX 1070, with its super-low TDP of 150W.
The new GeForce GTX 1070 has the same GP104 GPU that was used in the GTX 1080, but with cut down specifications. We have 1920 CUDA cores (down from 2560), 120 TMUs that provide around 202 Gigatexels/sec performance, and the GPU is clocked at 1500MHz with a Boost clock of 1683MHz.
The bigger kick down in specs is that NVIDIA opted for 8GB of GDDR5, versus the GDDR5X used on the GTX 1080. NVIDIA has clocked the 8GB of GDDR5 on the GTX 1070 to 8GHz, which makes it the fastest GDDR5 memory on a video card yet, with 256GB/sec of memory bandwidth. While it may look like a low memory bandwidth number in the world of 4096-bit memory buses on the HBM1-powered Radeon Fury products from AMD, the GTX 1070 has some tricks up its sleeve.
These tricks come from the Pascal architecture, which has a new memory compression engine that "offers new modes for color compression. This allows the GPU to more efficiently use its available memory bandwidth. Ultimately, this reduction in bytes fetched translates to roughly 20% additional effective bandwidth".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [16nm FinFET, But No GDDR5X - And That's Fine]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look & Specifications]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12, VR & OC Adventures]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature & Noise]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Half-Life 2 teased in Unreal Engine 4, looks INCREDIBLE
- ASUS ROG X470 Crosshair Hero VII smiles for the camera
- World War Z game will feature 1000+ zombie hordes
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered teased, could launch soon
- Take a trip with 'Paddington' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- 30 Pieces Galaxy S9+ 256GB Site www . BizFests . com $14,610
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit