The GeForce GTX 1070 Breaks New Ice
The GeForce GTX 1080 only uses 230W of power, so I expected slightly less with the GTX 1070 - which hit 215W. The card pushes much more when overclocked however, with around 275W of power consumption across our entire Core i7-5960X system. On its own, the GTX 1070 FE has a TDP of 150W.
We've included our overclocked numbers on the GTX 1070 FE in the chart, too.
Temperature & Noise
After running all of our benchmarks with our overclocked GTX 1070 at +200MHz and +100MHz on the VRAM, we finished with Heaven so that the card was truly beaten down. After a few runs of Heaven, the GTX 1070 stabilized at 82C, which is not too bad at all considering the overclock on the GPU, which was clocked to 2GHz at this point (from 1768MHz Boost).
As for the noise, I let the GTX 1070 decide its own fate when it comes to fan speed, and never noticed the card ramping up to annoying levels. The fan would spin up during load, but it was never enough that I paid attention to it, or made a note of it. This applies to both the stock testing when we were benchmarking, and our overclocked testing - the GTX 1070 really is a quiet card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [16nm FinFET, But No GDDR5X - And That's Fine]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look & Specifications]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology & Test Setup Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks @ 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks @ 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - DX12, VR & OC Adventures]
- Page 10 [Power, Temperature & Noise]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series