Installation and Finished Product
Since we test with an Intel motherboard, we grabbed the Intel brackets and mounted them to the base of the cooler. Using the provided threaded holes in the base, you screw in two screws on each side, and this is also true with the AMD bracket as well.
Then we moved onto putting the square-head screws into the right spot for LGA115X, and being sure to align the heads with the grooves offered in the plastic backplate. Then it slides right into the holes around the socket, with holes cut on both ends for socket clearance.
To hold the back plate in place when installing the ETS-N30 II coolers, you must install the tall black spacers. These will grab onto the longer screws, and keep it locked to the motherboard, once pressed all the way down.
To lock the cooler into place, put the brackets over the long screws, and using the thumbscrews, lock the brackets down to the motherboard. We also noticed we had the cooler on wrong here as the pipes show, so we quickly turned it around for testing, after some images were taken.
This cooler is just the right height. It is just tall enough that the fan would not be blacked by average height RAM, and is barely affected by our choice of RAM either. At the same time, it is not a monster hanging over the top, and engulfing the motherboard.
Under normal circumstances, the ETS-N30II coolers will clear the top of the memory in all four slots. It does just cover our innermost slot, and those using taller memory may have issues here.
The tower stands proud of the thermal armor of the motherboard, so it is unlikely to be affected by power management heat sinks, and also offers room to tuck the extra fan cable. From this view, the offset is pronounced, but even with a second fan on the tower, you can still get to everything else.
This happens to be an image where we got it wrong. To orient the cooler properly, the Enermax name on it should read from the bottom to the top. This puts the Vortex Generator tabs behind each heat pipe, to direct the air flow though the cooler properly. For those who are not concerned with memory, you may not even see this at first, so be sure these ETS-N30 II coolers are installed properly, as it will make a huge difference in the way they work.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax ETS-N30R CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Enermax ETS-N30R CPU Cooler retails for $28 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Enermax ETS-N30R CPU Cooler retails for £28 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-N30 II CPU Coolers]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- Dragon Ball Legends mobile game revealed
- Division and Hitman devs form new studio Sharkmob
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit