At TweakTown, we have become big fans of Phison S10-powered SSDs. We see a lot of potential in the S10, and fully expect to see better moderate workload performance via future firmware updates. We expect that version 2.0 firmware will deliver better 4K QD1 performance which will translate directly to better moderate workload performance. Looking at sequential performance, the S10 is the leader and in that respect, if you want the very best sequential performance, then you want an S10-powered SSD.
PNY has really delivered the goods with the low-cost CS2211. It is the best performing S10-powered SSD we've ever tested. We also like the fact that PNY offers a longer warranty period than any competing S10 solutions on the market. The CS2211 isn't the fastest SSD on the market, but it is definitely one of the fastest. We will go as far as to say that outside of moderate workloads, a typical enthusiast will not be able to tell the difference between PNY's CS2211 XLR8 480GB and the more expensive Samsung 850 Pro.
Running PNY's CS2211 as our OS disk was a very pleasurable experience. The drive is responsive, boots like lightning, and handles multi-tasking with ease. Overall, the CS2211 delivers a tier-one SSD experience.
In our opinion, the CS2211 has been able to accomplish what few other SSDs have been able to do by delivering performance that is close enough to Samsung's 850 Series SSDs while at the same time having a significantly lower price tag. PNY's CS2211 XLR8 480GB SATA III SSD is TweakTown recommended.
- Low Cost
- MLC Flash
- Sequential Performance
- 4-Year Warranty
- Moderate Workload Performance
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: With its strong price point and quality MLC flash, the PNY CS2211 XLR8 480GB SATA III SSD is a great alternative to Samsung's 850 Pro.
PRICING: You can find the PNY CS2211 XLR8 480GB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The PNY CS2211 XLR8 480GB SATA III SSD retails for $138 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - Max IOPS, Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Twitter could also ruin cryptocurrency ad party with bans
- Half-Life 2 teased in Unreal Engine 4, looks INCREDIBLE
- ASUS ROG X470 Crosshair Hero VII smiles for the camera
- World War Z game will feature 1000+ zombie hordes
- COD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered teased, could launch soon
- 30 Pieces Galaxy S9+ 256GB Site www . BizFests . com $14,610
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit