ROCCAT SWARM Software
After downloading, installing, and making it run, this is what the SWARM software looks like. At the top, for devices that work with it, you can use AlienwareFX, TALK/FX, and SWARM connects before you get into the main settings below. Under the thumbtack tab, this is where you can adjust the DPI levels, Windows pointer speed, as well as where to go to change the LED lighting, but only if you pin them from other menus. Don't forget; this can also be done across any of the five profiles along the bottom.
In the Settings section, we find the vertical scroll speed, horizontal tilt speed, and double click speed adjustments on the left side. Down the right, we find the DPI Switcher menu, and the Windows pointer speed setting at the bottom. Notice each smaller window has a thumbtack icon in it, and by clicking on any of them, it sends those windows to the first page we saw.
Button assignment is where things can get interesting. Of course, you have the full array of commands already shown on the screen here, 24 functions rich. Then, by clicking on the drop-down arrows on some buttons, you can set Macros, Hotkeys, timers, multimedia commands, browser functions, TALK/FX, and a few others. The only limit is how much you can remember being set to each binding.
The Advanced settings bring us to an adjustable polling rate, the ability to have sound feedback with certain button settings, you can reset the defaults for the KOVA, and swap orientation of the buttons, all down the left side. On the right is a larger window, is where the illumination controls reside if you happen to remove them from the pinned menu at the beginning.
When it comes to the five profiles, you can add an image for the profile that shows up in software only, and you can name them too, but sometimes images are easier. You then can set the profile to work with a certain program, and even set the profile to load automatically with that program. There is the ability to import profiles from PC storage, and you can arrange them, duplicate them, or send them to deep storage via the drop-down arrow.
The Macro menu is as good as any other we have seen as well. On the left are where you can name, imports, export, or delete then, while below is a list of commonly played games that you can set the Macro commands to as well. The larger window to the right is where you start recording, with options to record delays, set a fixed delay, and set a repeat rate to that Macro. Once you start recording and enter the Macro sequence, it will show up below with times between the commands shown.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT KOVA 2016 Pure Performance Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT KOVA 2016 Pure Performance Gaming Mouse retails for $50 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT KOVA 2016 Pure Performance Gaming Mouse retails for £45 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT KOVA Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the KOVA]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner