I believe, up to this point, I have seen every AC2600 wireless router on the market. I have the Athena from Amped Wireless in the lab now, and after I get done retesting a few other products, we will hit up that review. At this moment, I have the TEW 827DRU from TRENDnet on the desk and here in a few were going to dive into the performance of this router, but first let's go over some of the platform characteristics of this solution.
The 827DRU is the latest wireless router from TRENDnet, and while they haven't been as active as some vendors, they have quietly been launching competing solutions. This product, as mentioned above, is an AC2600 solution based on the quite popular Qualcomm platform and at its heart has the IPQ8064, which is followed up by a pair of 9980 wireless radios and an 8337 switch also from Qualcomm. Going from previous data, the 8064 should be running at 1.4GHz and being dual-core, should offer decent performance. The wireless radios offer 1733 Mbps over the 5GHz band and 800 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band allowing the total throughput to land somewhere around 2533 Mbps.
The specification list for this router is one of the longest I have seen, so to keep it simple we will touch on the more important features. Starting off, we know this a Qualcomm platform supporting both 802.11n and 802.11ac throughput can reach 800 Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 1733 Mbps on the 5GHz band as mentioned previously. Additional hardware includes four LAN and a single WAN all of which are Gigabit while this solution offers dual USB 3.0 for printer and storage sharing. Special features include StreamBoost, which appears to be Qualcomm's QoS functionality and of course MU-MIMO for increased throughput in multi-user environments.
MSRP of the TRENDnet TEW 827DRU is listed at $299.99 with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the TRENDnet TEW-827DRU AC2600 StreamBoost MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Possible Nintendo Direct in Feb, Super Smash Bros on Switch
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 845 headset cranks VR at 120FPS
- Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo: next-gen wireless earbuds
- Fortnite v3.0.0 patch has Turbo Building feature, much more
- Samsung plans new 7nm plant to better fight TSMC
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit