I believe, up to this point, I have seen every AC2600 wireless router on the market. I have the Athena from Amped Wireless in the lab now, and after I get done retesting a few other products, we will hit up that review. At this moment, I have the TEW 827DRU from TRENDnet on the desk and here in a few were going to dive into the performance of this router, but first let's go over some of the platform characteristics of this solution.
The 827DRU is the latest wireless router from TRENDnet, and while they haven't been as active as some vendors, they have quietly been launching competing solutions. This product, as mentioned above, is an AC2600 solution based on the quite popular Qualcomm platform and at its heart has the IPQ8064, which is followed up by a pair of 9980 wireless radios and an 8337 switch also from Qualcomm. Going from previous data, the 8064 should be running at 1.4GHz and being dual-core, should offer decent performance. The wireless radios offer 1733 Mbps over the 5GHz band and 800 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band allowing the total throughput to land somewhere around 2533 Mbps.
The specification list for this router is one of the longest I have seen, so to keep it simple we will touch on the more important features. Starting off, we know this a Qualcomm platform supporting both 802.11n and 802.11ac throughput can reach 800 Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 1733 Mbps on the 5GHz band as mentioned previously. Additional hardware includes four LAN and a single WAN all of which are Gigabit while this solution offers dual USB 3.0 for printer and storage sharing. Special features include StreamBoost, which appears to be Qualcomm's QoS functionality and of course MU-MIMO for increased throughput in multi-user environments.
MSRP of the TRENDnet TEW 827DRU is listed at $299.99 with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the TRENDnet TEW-827DRU AC2600 StreamBoost MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- GeIL add the Super Luce RGB Lite Series to their range
- Ethereum could replace Visa networks, even game servers
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower