Corsair RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard
This view from the left edge of the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE shows the lower plastic tray that supports the aluminum top plate. We also see that the switches are exposed as well as being clear, taking full advantage of the RGB LEDs found in each switch. As for the position of the key caps, even without feet, they are angled toward the user.
The main section of the keyboard is standard looking. A full string of F-keys, a US layout, and a highly textured space bar at the bottom. Also, if you are to compare this to older K-model keyboards, you will find this time there is a larger and easier to read font used on each of the key caps.
The right side offers all of the usual suspects as well. Command keys at the top left, arrow keys below, and a full assortment for the number pad to the right. This is also where we find the only dual function switches, where the 2, 4, 6 and 8 can also be used as arrow inputs.
Along the top, at the right edge, we also find the extra buttons which the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE offers. There are the LED intensity and Windows lock-out buttons to the left of the lock LEDs, with a scroll wheel style volume bar on the right. Below those, we also see the stop, previous track, play/pause, and the next track buttons. All of these switches are membrane-based.
As we make it around to the right side, we see that the angle of attack has greatly increased, due to extending the rear feet. This keyboard also offers front feet to level the keyboard and is used with the wrist rest, so that it is angled, not so much the keyboard.
In the USB 2.0 pass-through port is a thumb drive with the media kit, and next to it is a switch used for compatibility. As some mechanical keyboards do not work at BIOS level, simply moving this switch four positions corrects that. This same switch also changes the polling rate from 1ms to 2, 4, or 8ms.
A fat braided cable leaves the keyboard next to the pass-through port and switch, and near the end of the 21.8 meters of length, there is a junction where two separated connections emerge on pigtails of their own. Both are identified, one with a USB symbol for the extra port, and the other with a keyboard icon to make connectivity as simple as possible.
Under the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE, we see that there are four small rubber pads to keep the keyboard in place when the feet are not extended. We find two pairs of feet in this design, both at the front, and at the back, and we also see channels on the front edge for the wrist rest to clip into it.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $170 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £125 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ethereum dips to just $455, after highs of $1360 in January
- Twitter could also ruin cryptocurrency ad party with bans
- Half-Life 2 teased in Unreal Engine 4, looks INCREDIBLE
- ASUS ROG X470 Crosshair Hero VII smiles for the camera
- World War Z game will feature 1000+ zombie hordes
- 30 Pieces Galaxy S9+ 256GB Site www . BizFests . com $14,610
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit