IOMeter – Workload Performance with QD
Moving on to our workloads, the 8TB Red quite honestly demolishes every drive previous by a large margin. It appears this drive has been finely tuned by WD. While previous drives produced a peak of 200 IOPS, the 8TB reached 450 IOPS at QD32.
It doesn't take long to figure out we have a pattern forming. In File Server, we see the same large performance increase from the 8TB, this time peaking at 500 IOPs.
Email server too was quite good, nearly touching 400 IOPs at QD32.
Web Server was a little closer for the Red Pro, but the 8TB still topped it by 110 IOPs.
Workstation shows the 8TB Red easily doubling the performance of every drive on the chart.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Benchmarks]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – 4K Random Performance & Latency]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Sequential Performance & Latency]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Workloads]
- Page 7 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]