IOMeter – 4K Random Performance with QD
In testing the 4K performance of the 8TB Red, I was quite surprised to see it surpass the performance of the 4TB Red Pro. Nevertheless, the 8TB Red peaked at 580 IOPS, nearly 20% quicker than the Red Pro.
Random write touched a low of 430 IOPS at QD1 and peaked near 480 IOPS at QD16.
The latency results tell the story even better as the 8TB Red sticks under 60ms even at QD32 while the previous "best" model the 4TB Red Pro is closer to 70ms.
Write latency was rather good as well, with the 8TB beating the 4TB Pro by a slim margin of 10ms.
PRICING: You can find the WD Red 8TB Helium-Filled WD80EFZX NAS HDD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The WD Red 8TB Helium-Filled WD80EFZX NAS HDD retails for $350 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The WD Red 8TB Helium-Filled WD80EFZX NAS HDD retails for £280 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Benchmarks]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – 4K Random Performance & Latency]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Sequential Performance & Latency]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Workloads]
- Page 7 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit