WD Red 8TB HDD
The 8TB Red ushers in with a new sticker design, still with the Red branding at the bottom but a cleaner more organized look. Capacity is listed in bold print while the cache and model number are off to the right.
The backside of the drive doesn't appear to be much different than any other 3.5" drive.
Looking at the PCB, we see everything is in order for drive trays and sleds.
Pulling off the PCB, we find a new layout for the PCB that includes an LSI controller, Etrontech DRAM, and Smooth motor driver.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Benchmarks]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – 4K Random Performance & Latency]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Sequential Performance & Latency]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Workloads]
- Page 7 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]