The X99P-SLI's BIOS has two distinct modes in the F2 version I have used. You can upgrade to the F20 series BIOS, which support the next generation of CPUs, but you will not be able to easily flash back to the F2 version if you face problems. If you are going to upgrade to the next generation of CPUs, you must flash to BIOS F20.
The two operating modes are a bit redundant. I would stick with the black and gray mode over the orange modes since the black and gray offers more options. Fan control is similar to other GIGABYTE motherboards; there are basic profiles such as silent and full speed, as well as manual control which allows you to set a linear PWM slope.
GIGABYTE's software suite is very extensive. Programs include System Information Viewer, EasyTune, EZ Setup, @BIOS, Smart Time Lock, Smart Recovery 2, V-Tuner, APP Center, Cloud Station Server, USB Blocker, Ambient LED, and Fast Boot.
The Realtek HD audio manager gets an orange skin, and cFOS is provided to control LAN bandwidth allocation.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99P-SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99P-SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for $250 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X99P-SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard retails for £217 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99P-SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X99P-SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X99P-SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Case and Polaris RGB Fan Pack
- North Korea hijacking cryptocurrency industry workers
- Ataribox pre-orders on hold, team needs more time
- Win a 'Simpsons: Season 18' DVD for Christmas!
- CS:GO's new Survival mode sounds like Battlegrounds
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series