There's a lot to like from this massive desktop replacement and not a lot to dislike. When you look at it from within the category that it's placed, then it's easy to see that it offers a package that that's both attractive to all sectors that need a good CPU while traveling. It's definitely on the expensive side, but in that regard, you do get what you pay for; and if you need this kind of performance, then you'll be considering other options that are just as, if not more expensive.
Display: Despite the low resolution, it's amazing to stare at, and NVIDIA G-Sync adds more value than you can imagine, even on a laptop.
Thermals: This thing stays cooler than you might imagine, and that's a massively good thing.
CPU performance: A desktop CPU adds significant speed advantages for more than just games.
Sound: It's loud, clear, and sounds awesome with both the speakers and using headphones.
Right shift: That blasted right-shift key is seriously bothersome, it's just wrong and weird considering the size of the beast.
Weight: It's heavy, very heavy. Though there's a lot going on under the hood.
GPU Temperature: The CPU can handle the work, but the GPU? Combined it can get a bit dangerous just playing games, right on the border of bad.
Needs Haswell-E: Just kidding, that might be a bit too much. This massive thing is already quite fast as is.
It's a solidly built massive beast of a machine that ensures that you won't be CPU limited in the least. It accomplishes that goal and gives you a solid whole platform to boot.
It's the whole package that, despite the price, can be useful for more than just gaming. Yes, it's sold under their business page as well, but really this is a great gaming and all around work platform. If you complain about the weight or size of it, then you clearly aren't actually looking for a desktop replacement, and this isn't for you.
It's not unattractive and can pass as a work machine that you secretly play games on. Even as a primary machine, there's little not to like.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||95%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: OriginPC has a winner with the EON17-X gaming laptop. The new chassis is excellent, the screen is gorgeous, and it performs like an absolute champ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Specs, Configurations Available, and Warranty & Support]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look, Outputs & Connectivity]
- Page 4 [Display, Keyboard, and Trackpad]
- Page 5 [Speakers and Sound]
- Page 6 [Everyday Use]
- Page 7 [Gaming Use at 1080p]
- Page 8 [Gaming Use - VR]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – CPU & RAM]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Internal Storage & External Storage]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption & Battery Life]
- Page 12 [Thermal & Sound Testing]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not, & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series