GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS Circuit Analysis Continued
The Intel C232 chipset is the primary controller for almost all of the features the X150M-Plus WS has to offer. It is very similar to the B100 series chipset, it has a 6W TDP, and supports a maximum of six USB 3.0 and SATA6Gb/s ports.
The audio on the motherboard isn't very advanced compared to Z170 motherboards, and that might be an appealing factor. The three ports on the IO panel are very easy to identify and should not confuse any user. The audio codec is the Realtek ALC887, and there are a few Nichicon Gold Series electrolytic audio capacitors to spice things up. There is a physical PCB divide, and there are six LEDs on the backside that illuminate the PCB divide.
The 1GBit NIC is based on the Realtek RTL8111G.
An iTE IT8628E provides Super IO functionality such as temperature and voltage monitoring, and it provides fan control. It also is responsible for the two PS/2 ports on the IO panel.
The BIOS ROM is a single 64Mbit model without redundancy. The motherboard also has a Texas Instruments driver and receiver chip which is responsible for COM/Serial port functionality.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS (Intel C232) Motherboard retails for £96 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CEO resigns, CFO steps up to the 10nm plate
- Playdead brings LIMBO and INSIDE to Nintendo Switch
- Sony doesn't need to enable cross-play, why risk 1st place?
- Unity's amazing Book of the Dead tech demo launched
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most tweeted E3 title
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit