The VRM on this motherboard provides power to the VCC (VCore), VCCIO, and VCCSA. The three phases are dedicated to the CPU VCore. The capacitors are 5K, which is the standard in the industry. This VRM isn't as robust as most others I have encountered, but it should be enough to get the job done since there is no overclocking support and the Xeons have lower TDPs than their Core i5 and i7 counterparts.
The X150M-Plus WS uses an Intersil ISL95858 Hybrid-Green PWM, which supports a 3+2 phase output with two integrated drivers on the first 3 phases. The latter 2 phases are not being used in this implementation. Instead, the IVMP8 PWM is used as a 3-phase PWM. To provide the third phase, an Intersil ISL6625 is used on the furthest phase.
The high and low-side MOSFETs are from ON Semiconductor and in the PowerPAK package. The low-side MOSFET for each phase is the NTTFS4C06N and the high-side MOSFET for each phase is an NTTFS4C10N. The VCCSA and VCCIO are powered by a linear regulator located below the CPU socket.
The memory VR is a single phase which uses ON Semiconductor NTTFS4C06N for both the high-side and low-side MOSFETs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X150M-Plus WS Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X150M-Plus WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]