Temperature and Power Consumption
Power consumption at idle is a little lower than the previous generation while at 100% load it is a bit higher. The BRIX versions are using mobile parts in an environment which maximizes performance over power usage since the unit is always plugged in and not dependent on the battery.
The new Skylake CPUs have low and high-end configurable TDPs as well which allows them to work at much lower and higher power levels depending on individual device implementation.
Front of Unit at Idle (on left) and Load (on right).
The rear of Unit at Idle (on left) and Load (on right).
The unit runs very cool at idle and quite warm at load. Overall the unit never got too hot to touch, and it's obviously designed to handle the heat. I didn't encounter thermal throttling.
I also added a 3D printed object behind the exhaust to see how far the heat traveled from the blower fan. While the blower was audible during full blown synthetic load (unnatural conditions), it was never loud enough to cause much strain on my ears.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC retails for $530 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE BRIX Skylake BSi7H-6500 Ultra Compact PC retails for £440 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series