Corsair Carbide 400C Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the Carbide Clear 400C is flat but has texture to the front bezel. While it looks square from the front, the top and bottom edges do roll over to the panels they meet, and outside of that, there is only a small Corsair logo to allude to the maker of the chassis.
Just behind where the front bezel meets the top panel, we immediately run into the front I/O panel. From left to right, we are given a small reset button, an HDD LED, HD Audio jacks, a pair of USB 3.0 ports, and the power button to finish things out.
The rest of the top panel is made of steel, but with just a thin ring of it exposed around the mesh. This mesh cover is magnetic and is removable for easy cleaning.
The left side of the 400C shows us how the front takes in air, through the sides of the bezel. We also see a door that offers what has to be the largest window in the industry. There is a handle to unlatch the front, and this panel will swing open to the left, supported on the hinges we can see at the back.
The back of the chassis offers all the basics. There is the rear I/O and an adjustable exhaust fan at the top. In the middle are seven expansion slots with passive ventilation next to them, leaving the PSU to go in at the bottom. We can also see that the right side panel uses thumbscrews, not hinges like the left side does.
Since this panel is here to cover wiring behind the motherboard tray, it only makes sense that this is a solid expanse of steel. There are no bumps or odd design additions, keeping the overall look sleek and simple all the way around the 400C.
Under the chassis, we find oversized rectangular legs with rubber feet. At the rear of the 400C there is another dust cover for the PSU, and near the front, we can see part of the HDD cage locked into the floor of the case. Along the top edge of this image, we can also see tabs, and those go to the two-part PSU cover inside.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $112 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £80 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit