Corsair Carbide 400C Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the Carbide Clear 400C is flat but has texture to the front bezel. While it looks square from the front, the top and bottom edges do roll over to the panels they meet, and outside of that, there is only a small Corsair logo to allude to the maker of the chassis.
Just behind where the front bezel meets the top panel, we immediately run into the front I/O panel. From left to right, we are given a small reset button, an HDD LED, HD Audio jacks, a pair of USB 3.0 ports, and the power button to finish things out.
The rest of the top panel is made of steel, but with just a thin ring of it exposed around the mesh. This mesh cover is magnetic and is removable for easy cleaning.
The left side of the 400C shows us how the front takes in air, through the sides of the bezel. We also see a door that offers what has to be the largest window in the industry. There is a handle to unlatch the front, and this panel will swing open to the left, supported on the hinges we can see at the back.
The back of the chassis offers all the basics. There is the rear I/O and an adjustable exhaust fan at the top. In the middle are seven expansion slots with passive ventilation next to them, leaving the PSU to go in at the bottom. We can also see that the right side panel uses thumbscrews, not hinges like the left side does.
Since this panel is here to cover wiring behind the motherboard tray, it only makes sense that this is a solid expanse of steel. There are no bumps or odd design additions, keeping the overall look sleek and simple all the way around the 400C.
Under the chassis, we find oversized rectangular legs with rubber feet. At the rear of the 400C there is another dust cover for the PSU, and near the front, we can see part of the HDD cage locked into the floor of the case. Along the top edge of this image, we can also see tabs, and those go to the two-part PSU cover inside.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $112 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £80 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 smashes 3 million sales worldwide
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam