Benchmarking the Internal Storage
Internally we have two drives for storage with the oft-used strategy of placing the OS and important programs on one drive and keeping everything else stored on another. This can help make the experience much speedier, even when looking to load games from the not-so-fast storage drive. The OS drive is a 128GB Samsung OEM unit that's NVMe compliant while the storage drive is a mechanical 1TB unit provided by Hitachi.
We might be spoiled by the speediness of the NVMe enabled M.2 drives, but that Hitachi mechanical HDD is still quite swift given its mechanical limitations. Like all of Samsung's forays into the solid state business, this too is quite fast.
Benchmarking the External Thunderbolt/USB Storage
It's exciting to see USB 3.1 Type-C make more of an appearance on more systems as of late. It has the potential to become a well-regarded standard just by the universal way in which you can plug things in, not the least bit because of the actual speed advantages the new port has. To test external file transfers, I took 8.81GB of 207 mixed files that are on a USB 3.0 enabled external SSD and transferred them, noting the average speed it was able to maintain throughout the full transfer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series