Thermal Testing – CPU/GPU
The thermal solution is a proprietary design that GIGABYTE has developed to be able to move the maximum amount of heat away in the most efficient manner. The GPU and CPU each have their own fans over their respective heat sinks. The problem is that it isn't exactly the best at keeping the system cool. During our testing, we noticed that under the most extreme of circumstances, when the CPU and the GPU are 100% stressed, that it would throttle. That kind of behavior didn't show up during normal operations, though, even though the hot air coming out was a bit uncomfortable, but that's also a sign that heat is being moved from the source.
NZXT's CAM software was used to log the temperature while playing Star Wars Battlefront for 30 minutes.
Thermals, thankfully, are well controlled, though again, this is under normal conditions you're likely to actually encounter.
Noise is always a concern with a laptop. You want it to be as quiet as possible when browsing the web, and you also want the same when you're doing anything else that taxes the GPU and CPU. The problem is that physics doesn't make that possible at the moment, even with a relatively cool-running GTX 970M and the Skylake i7-6700HQ. Inevitably there'll be some noise. Here it's relatively well controlled, even under load settings. To measure this, we took a Reed R8050 and placed it 1 foot away from the laptop in a position that approximates where you'd sit, and took a reading while during the Battlefront temperature playthrough.
The results aren't so terrible, considering. At a reasonable and realistic load level, it's well under an annoying range. In fact, it's "quiet" and generally not noticeable with headphones in.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit