Benchmarks – SMB Workloads RAID 0
Starting off our SMB workloads, the DS716+ at QD1 hovered around 110 IOPS but did ramp up to 200 IOPS at QD8. Continuing, we find a slight dip at QD16, which recovers nicely at QD32 near 250 IOPs.
File Server started the DS716 off just under 100 IOPS but scaled quite well all the way up to QD16 and 250 IOPS.
Looking the email server, we find similar performance with QD1 just a touch over 100 IOPS and peaking at 200 IOPS at QD8.
Web Server scaled quite well up to QD16 where we find our peak performance a little under 300 IOPs.
Workstation had a better start with QD1 around 130 IOPS and scaling all the way up to QD32 at 250 IOPs.
Benchmarks – SMB Workloads RAID 1
Swapping over to RAID 1, performance starts out with the DS716+ a touch over 100 IOPS peaking at QD8 and 300 IOPs.
With the file server workload, the DS716+ was able to reach a touch over 300 IOPS peak at QD16.
Email server peaked at QD4 and 250 IOPs.
Moving on to Web, we find all appliances running an interesting and parallel pattern on the chart. Peak performance was around 300 IOPS from QD8 all the way past QD128.
Workstation has the 716+ starting at 150 IOPS QD1 and moving up to a peak of 275 IOPS at QD16.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DiskStation DS716+ SMB Two-Bay NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DiskStation DS716+ SMB Two-Bay NAS retails for $496 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DiskStation DS716+ SMB Two-Bay NAS retails for £340 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CEO resigns, CFO steps up to the 10nm plate
- Playdead brings LIMBO and INSIDE to Nintendo Switch
- Sony doesn't need to enable cross-play, why risk 1st place?
- Unity's amazing Book of the Dead tech demo launched
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most tweeted E3 title
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit