ZOTAC Sonix 480GB NVMe PCIe AIC SSD
The Sonix retails in yellow and gray themed packaging. The front of the box features a partial photo of the enclosed drive. Capacity, form factor, interface, sequential speeds, and warranty are all advertised.
On the rear of the packaging, ZOTAC refers to the Sonix as the "Silent Silver Bullet". ZOTAC touts the drive's AIC form factor as plug and play, and cable management free. Various attributes of the enclosed SSD are listed.
Inside the box is the drive itself, a half-height bracket, and a printed user's guide.
The front of the drive features a full-length metal cover perforated with vent holes.
The back half of the drive also features a sheet metal cover that acts as a heat sink and provides protection for the ICs located underneath it.
Here is the drive completely disassembled. There is a thick aluminum passive heat sink that removes heat from the drive's controller, flash packages, and cache package.
The front half of the PCB houses the drive's Phison E7 NVMe controller, cache package, and four of the drive's eight flash packages.
The back half of the drive's PCB houses the remaining four flash packages.
The quad-core, eight-channel, Phison E7 controller that powers the Sonix.
One of the eight 64GB Toshiba 15nm MLC flash packages that populate the Sonix PCB.
The drive's Nanya branded 512MB DDR3 cache package.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]