LAN to LAN throughput for the AC88U came in at 835 Mbps a touch below what we normally see.
WAN to LAN came in at 749 Mbps, just under the X4s.
Moving over to 2.4GHz throughput, I was able to gather 70 Mbps for the 20MHz band and 101 Mbps in the 40MHz band.
Switching to the 5GHz band, the AC88U was quite good coming in at 129 Mbps at 20MHz, while 40MHz came in at 242 Mbps, and lastly 80MHz at 396 Mbps. It is worthy to note these are all 256 QAM results as we can't entirely test 1024QAM at the moment.
MIMO Wireless Throughput
Instead of the typical chart I create for this part of the testing, I wanted to give a snapshot of what the results look like. As you can see above, we have three devices all getting the same 18 Mbps of throughput telling me that MU-MIMO is working for all three. For devices where MU-MIMO wasn't available or had a 3x3 or 2x2 antenna configuration the results would show devices all getting different throughput results or for 3x3 only two devices getting the same throughput.
Switching to 5GHz, you can see each of the three clients are reaching 95 to 100 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 Extreme Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 Extreme Wireless Router retails for $300 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 Extreme Wireless Router retails for £299 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard