However you look at it, the nVidia 6600GT be it in AGP or PCI-E form, is certainly a fantastic buy.
Designed from the ground up as a PCI-E native GPU, nVidia has used its HSI bridge to give AGP users the benefits of the powerful 6600GT architecture. There are a few limitations to the AGP version. First you don't have the full bus speed that PCI-E does; however, due to the architecture of the GeForce 6 series, PCI-E doesn't really render any great benefits other than future proof.
The most notable loss with the 6600GT in AGP is SLI. Due to limitations of the AGP architecture, you are unable to run the AGP version in any form of SLI. When bridging the chip, SLI is rendered unusable, so you are restricted to one card, whereas PCI-E gives you the option of adding a second later on.
Overall Gigabyte has done a fantastic job producing a card that not only looks good but performs well as well as keeping the price as low as possible for a 6600 card.
We were impressed with the overclocking of the card due to the use of PCI-E memory modules and the PCI-E core, so there is no reason you can't clock this baby to PCI-E speeds for that extra performance boost.
- Impressive overclocking
- Fast memory used
- Good performance
- No SLI support but not by fault of Gigabyte
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte 6600GT AGP - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte 6600GT AGP - Page 2 [Specifications and The Card]
- Gigabyte 6600GT AGP - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark Series]
- Gigabyte 6600GT AGP - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Gigabyte 6600GT AGP - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Gigabyte 6600GT AGP - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Gigabyte 6600GT AGP - Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series