IN WIN has delivered a mid-tower chassis that changes the way everyone should look at more mundane solutions out there. This case is sleek to look at, has terrific finishes and touches that make it fell high-end, and does all of this without taking up a ton of room, like some of IN WIN's other offerings of this caliber. There are plenty of storage options, some hidden, some could be in the way, and are removable to solve that possibility. There is plenty of room for water cooling to suit a CPU and single GPU, maybe even two if you go with two loops. From all angles, the inside, the outside, even the gold anodized aluminum across the top, there is nothing to complain about in build quality or looks.
The one issue we do have, and we took directly to IN WIN before writing this, is that they do not stress the type of tempering that is used in this design. Consider us naive if you must, but when we see a Tempered Glass sticker, we assume it to be heat treated. This would mean that if the glass were to break, say if your child or pet pulled on it, there would be some safety with the way the glass breaks into tiny cubes.
While chemically treated glass has its place, in this instance to strengthen a 3mm panel instead of having to go to 5mm for the same strength, we also feel that a non-specific sticker almost adds a false sense of security. At least, we did slip up and break the glass to find out for ourselves what it was, that way customers do not find out the hard way. Outside of this incident, we are in love. The IN WIN 805 is a chassis that will not soon leave our memories; we just wish we had a build to put inside of it long term, as it is well deserving of a home along with the other great cases kept from years gone by.
With the only issues to battle long-term being dust and fingerprints, we have no reasoning to divert you from making this chassis yours. We do however not like the way that the color makes a determination on pricing. We cannot imagine that anodizing a strip of aluminum cost much more depending on the color used. If you have the cash handy, love high-end cases, but are limited to room, or just don't have a use for a huge chassis, this sleek and sexy IN WIN 805 is one of our top three favorite mid-tower cases ever. That pretty much sums it all up right there.
Chad's Chassis Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair H80i GT (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH
- Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP. Extreme Edition (buy from Amazon)
- Storage: SuperSpeed 128GB SSD
- Power Supply: SilverStone SST-ST85F-G (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||98%|
|Bundle and Packaging||100%|
|Value for Money||94%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||96%|
The Bottom Line: IN WIN's 805 raises the bar on all other mid-tower cases. With the use of exotic materials, a classy and sleek aesthetic, and a finished product that anyone would have to love to have next to their monitor, even at $170, the 805 delivers in every aspect.
PRICING: You can find the IN WIN 805 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The IN WIN 805 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $209 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The IN WIN 805 ATX Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £131 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [IN WIN 805 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the 805]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series