Scythe Ninja 4 CPU Cooler
The Ninja 4 starts with a copper base and aluminum top plate that hold the pipes. These pipes make their curves and then travel through 36 aluminum fins. There is a groove removed from the center of the fins for aesthetics, but also aids in mounting this cooler as well.
On this side of the cooler, we get a better idea of the angles that the heat pipes have to take to spread evenly through the tower of fins. Unlike the Ninja 3, which had pipes on all four sides, the Ninja 4 keeps things tidy and keeps everything to two sides of the base.
Since this cooler is designed to be universal on all sides, rather than to show the same images twice, we chose to see this from another angle. From here we find that the fins are mostly flat across the edge. Near the ends, we found a stepped section that allows the fan to sit off of the fin edges and comes to a point past where the fan rests on the cooler. Also, note that all sides are grooved to fit the wire fan clips.
Getting around to the last of the four identical sides of the fins, we again see the same fin shape we saw in the last image. We also twisted the cooler this time so you can see the two pipes that were hidden before actually come from the outer edges of the base, but are ran between the two other pipes on either side of the base.
The fin design does play well into the overall design. Not only do the fins look like a throwing star, the embossed one in the center of the cooler drives that point home clearly. This view also brings the pipe arrangement into a better perspective.
The top of the base is made of aluminum and grooved to work both as a pre-cooler as well as a solid way to hold the cooler to the cross bar. The thinner and smaller lower section of the base is copper that has been plated to fight corrosion.
From this view, we can find two points to cover. There are visible signs of the pipes being soldered to the base of the cooler. The other is that as the pipes pass through the fins, we can see that they are held in place by pressing fins onto the heat pipes.
The mating surface of the Ninja 4 is convex and shows minute machining marks left behind. Even so, the result is a near mirror surface that reflects the protective sticker well.
PRICING: You can find the Scythe Ninja 4 SCNJ-4000 CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Scythe Ninja 4 SCNJ-4000 CPU Cooler retails for $53 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Scythe Ninja 4 SCNJ-4000 CPU Cooler retails for £42 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Scythe Ninja 4 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega Red Dragon: triple-fan custom card
- Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered notebooks: EPIC battery life
- PlayStation and Xbox cross-play is inevitable, says Epic
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit