This test applies 1.4v VCore measured, and then I try to get the highest possible validation frequency. The Z170-PRO did 5GHz.
On the Z170-PRO, I was able to run 4.8GHz core, 4.2GHz cache, and DDR4 2666MHz as a stable overclock.
I measured the VCore manually at the output capacitor of the CPU VRM; I measured at many different levels so you can reference them. CPU-Z isn't very accurate on this motherboard. Also, I counted eight levels of LLC on the Z170-WS and Maximus VIII Formula, but I only found 7 for the Z170-Pro.
Compatible Memory Overclocking Kits
Test 1: 4x8GB (32GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz C16
The Z170-Pro works well with this kit.
Test 2: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz C16
The Z170-Pro works with this kit, but instead of setting XMP, you should set the memory multiplier and CAS latency manually along with proper voltages.
Test 3: 2x4GB (8GB) G.Skill Trident Z 3733MHz C17
The Z170-Pro surprisingly works quite well with this kit.
Test 4: 2x4GB (8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 4000MHz C19
I was shocked that the Z170-Pro booted this kit. All I did was set XMP and the proper VCCIO and VCCSA voltages.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $195 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £134 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170-PRO Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer wants to use your PC to mine cryptocurrency
- Xbox One sells estimated 40 million consoles
- Switch Online may get SNES games and beyond
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2 shouldn't be on Switch
- Intel stacks CPU, DRAM, and IO into one package with FOVEROS
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019