Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
We actually squeezed more than 10% out of the GPU core, with the SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 380X 4GB being stable at 1130MHz - up from the 1040MHz GPU core at stock settings. This is a pretty damn good overclock for a mid-range GPU, remembering it is already factory overclocked.
Does the OC help though? Take a look at our results below.
Metro: Last Light
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 4K
Heaven - 4K
Does the OC help? Yeah, it does - but you probably won't notice it. We were able to drive the SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 380X 4GB from its stock GPU clock of 1040MHz, all the way to 1130MHz - a decent increase of 90MHz. Not too bad at all.
The performance side of things? Barely a few % points, but you can't complain about free performance now, can you?
The SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 380X 4GB installed into our video card testbed only consumed 250W total, 10W less than the HIS equivalent. Not too shabby at all.
During all of our benchmarking and gaming, the SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 380X 4GB didn't make a sound - but boy does the card make some noise when the fan speed is manually cranked to 100%.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p (1920x1080)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p (2560x1440)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K (3840x2160]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440 UltraWide]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking, Power & Sound Testing]
- Page 12 [What's Hot & What's Not]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]