ASUS's Z170-WS has a UEFI that is very similar to every other ASUS Z170 motherboard. There are two BIOS operation modes; EZ Mode and Advanced Mode. The EZ Mode provides everything most users will need for simple system configuration such as changing the boot order or setting up fans. The BIOS was not buggy, and I found it intuitive.
The Z170-WS's UEFI fan control is very similar to that of the ROG motherboards, and you have control over headers on the board and headers that would be on an external fan control card (not included). While the Z170-WS isn't an overclocking motherboard and doesn't carry the built-in custom made ROG memory profiles, it still supports XMP and overclocking is quite simple.
ASUS provides a big software suite for the Z170-WS including PC Diagnostics, EZ update, Media Streamer, Home Cloud, and, of course, Dual Intelligent Processors 5.
ASUS's DIP5 provides many more software modules built into it for programs that control your fans to those that speed up USB transfers. ASUS also provides a macro-key programmer, their custom version of cFOS for the Intel LAN, and overclocking programs such as TurboV Core.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z170-WS (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z170-WS (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $399 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Z170-WS (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £327 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170-WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z170-WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z170-WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn's Titanfall dev team is separate from other projects
- Epic will stop exclusives if Valve gives 88% revenue split
- Nintendo won't reveal new Switch at E3 2019
- How Switch stacks up against other Nintendo hardware
- Xbox gaming makes less than 10% of Microsoft's Q3 revenues
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- CPT Drives & Power (SET: CPT) secures contract partnership with Siemens
- Sonic & Friends Go Head-to-Head with 'Team Dark' In Part 2 of Team Sonic Racing Overdrive
- Rhythm & Dance VR Game 'Wave Circles' Announced for Steam
- Adrenaline-fueled Twin-Stick Shooter BulletRage Announced
- 'Final Assault' WW2 Cross-Platform Competitive Multiplayer VR Game Launching May 16 on Steam, Oculus, and Viveport