This test applies 1.4v VCore measured, and then I try to get the highest possible validation frequency. The Maximus VIII Formula does 5GHz just like most other motherboards.
On the Maximus VIII Formula, I was able to run 4.8GHz core, 4.2GHz cache, and DDR4 2666MHz as a stable overclock. It was easy to accomplish.
I measured the VCore manually at the output capacitor of the CPU VRM, I measured many different levels.
Compatible Memory Overclocking Kits
Test 1: 4x8GB (32GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz C16
The board was able to boot up on four of these sticks at XMP without issue.
Test 2: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200Mhz C16
This kit would not work with XMP, but did work when I manually set primary timings, multiplier, and voltages.
Test 3: 2x4GB (8GB) G.Skill Trident Z 3733MHz C17
ASUS officially supports up to DDR4 3733MHz, and the TridentX kit worked flawlessly, but you might need to increase VCCIO and VCCSA.
Test 4: 2x4GB (8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 4000MHz C19
I was very surprised when this memory kit worked on this motherboard. Up to now only a handful of motherboards were capable of running this kit, and the Maximus VIII Formula can add itself to the list.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus VIII Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus VIII Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]