Tyler's Router Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
For those of you that have seen a Netgear router interface, the R8500 is no different and as you can see is the same Genie platform. The basic menu gives you a quick glimpse of everything going on within the router on the main page, from internet status to wireless networks and attached devices it all can be seen and managed here.
The wireless menu for the R8500 gives you a few options to configure each band. By default, the 5GHz band is set up in smart connect mode which will let the router control which device goes to each of the two 5GHz bands.
Moving to the Attached Devices menu, you will find any device that has connected to the router via wired or a wireless connection.
Next up we have Dynamic QoS and really one of the better implementations of it. You can take a speed test from the router interface and then setup your devices easily with a continually updated database.
Over on the ReadyShare menu, you have access to three storage option along with the ability to share a printer over the network.
An additional feature of the R8500 is the ability to set it up as an access point by ticking the box seen above.
A second advanced feature is the traffic meter that will show you what devices are using the most data in megabytes.
The most anticipated feature of the R8500 is Link Aggregation and as some of you know this will allow a 2Gbe connection to any device as long as it too supports 802.3ad.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks –Storage Performance & Final Thoughts]