Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard(s): MSI K8N Neo4 (Supplied by MSI)
Graphics Card: BFG 6600GT OC (Supplied by BFG Tech)
Memory: 2 X 512MB GeIL PC4400 (Supplied by GeIL)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Our intentions at first were to run the water cooling setup through our SLI system but that quickly come to a stop when it came to overclocking the system and we couldn't achieve more then 210FSB on the processor - we knew had a lot more then that in it (motherboard holding us back, not the Water Chill). With the system being pulled apart and reinstalled on the MSI K8N Neo4 we were ready to try again.
Keeping the Athlon 64 3200+ multiplier at 10x we raised the FSB to 247MHz giving us a speed of 2470MHz up from the stock 2000MHz. This is a nice overclock that weights in at almost 25% above stock which is something that you wouldn't complain about.
When it came to the graphics card we wanted to use the BFG 6800 Ultra OC, unfortunately it wouldn't fit with the chipset block installed which meant we had to go back to the 6600GT OC. The stock 6600GT runs at 500MHz/1000MHz (Core/Memory), BFG have got their OC version running at 525MHz/1050MHz which is what the system was running at when tested in default. With the Water Chill we cranked the graphics card up to 599MHz/1200MHz which is an extremely nice overclock. On average we are seeing the core on these cards reach around 575MHz - 580MHz but with the Water Chill we got straight to 599MHz without any troubles.
Unfortunately the memory is known to go an extra 20 - 30MHz more on these cards but because there is no fan there is no air being pushed across to the memory sinks on the card. If you were running this setup permanently you would look at getting a Zalman fan bracket and a slow spinning 120mm fan to sit above the graphics card to give you maximum performance.
When testing the Water Chill we wanted you to see just how you get value for money out of the system so we have installed the Water Chill on the system above and had it run an array of benchmarks and then benchmarked it at our overclocked speeds so you can see what kind of performance difference you receive and how much hotter the system will run when overclocked.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 2 [The Components]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 3 [The Components Continued]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 4 [Installation and Assembly Process]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 5 [Test System Setup & Overclocking Performance]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 6 [Testing Temperatures]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 9 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Asetek Water Chill - Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit