ECS's box is very discrete and straightforward, just like the device itself. Packaging is very well done, the LIVA ONE is very well protected as are the accessories.
Accessories include a VESA mounting bracket and screws, a stand, AC/DC adapter, USB 3.1 Type-C to Type-A converter cable, driver DVD (a bit odd considering the computer has no optical drive), and some manuals. With these SFF PCs, the AC/DC adapter can tell you a lot about how much power the device will draw. The LIVA ONE's adapter is rated for roughly 90W.
The top of the unit is made up of a glossy plastic shell, it will pick up fingerprints but should be relatively easy to clean. The plastic top is re-enforced with aluminum underneath and is the only part of the chassis that is removable so that you can change out the parts if you want. The bottom of the unit has two long rubber strips for grip, and like the rest of the body is anodized aluminum.
The front of the unit has a decorative bar, a power button, USB 3.1 Type-C port (with the adapter you can use Type-A devices), a micro SDXC slot, and an air-intake vent. The back of the unit has all the other goodies: DC input jack, DisplayPort, VGA(D-SUB), COM, HDMI, combo audio port, RJ-45 1Gbit LAN, 4x USB 3.0 ports, and a Kensington lock slot. One of the four USB 3.0 ports on the back is boxed individually from the rest; this port supports 2.6A output for external optical drives.
Most of the time when I see these Kensington lock slots I am unimpressed, but ECS did a solid job with exterior security. I am moving a bit into the teardown part of the review, but I wanted to show how the locking mechanism not only prevents theft of the unit but also of the interior hardware.
You will not be able to open the unit if the lock port is extended, which is simple to do with many different types of locks. The unit itself is encased within a strong aluminum body. There is also an open case switch which is well implemented through the UEFI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada