Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at 556/533 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity.
Both capacities lead the field and perform nearly identical, which is remarkable when you consider the 120GB model has a single flash package for a NAND array. The 250GB model has slightly better low-end performance. The BP5e catches the 750 EVO's at 16KB transfers and finishes the test in a similar fashion.
It is important to note that all of the comparison drives in our test pool are 2-4x the capacity of the 750 EVO's that are the subjects of this review. You would think that this would give the comparison SSDs a performance advantage, but as you will see, it does not.
Again, both 750 EVO capacity points display a similar performance curve. The 750 EVO 250GB has slightly better small file performance than the 120GB model, but both are surpassed by the BP5e at 4KB and larger file sizes. Both 750's are matching the performance of the more powerful 850 EVO 500GB.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. The EVO's lay waste to the competition. It's already beginning to look as if our expected class-leading performance was indeed well founded.
Interestingly enough, the 120GB 750 EVO is able to outperform its larger sibling. This may be because the 120GB model has double the DRAM to NAND ratio of the 250GB model. The 3D flash powered 850 EVO 500GB is able to generate slightly better performance as expected.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The 120GB 750 EVO displays the best QD1 performance of all of the drives in our test pool. The 250GB model catches and surpasses the 120GB model at QD2. The 500GB 850 EVO just edges out the 250GB 750 EVO for the best overall performance. The 480GB BP5e delivers respectable performance, and the SP550 and BX200 aren't even in the same league.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
The EVO family of SSDs all deliver exactly the same class-leading performance as one another. The BP5e can't keep up with the EVO's, but it is easily able to outperform the SP550 and the BX200.
Again, I will point out that it is remarkable that the 750 EVO's can deliver this much performance with much smaller capacity points than the rest of the drives in our test pool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Disk) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch downscales PS4 graphics
- System Shock 3 devs leave Starbreeze, game is 'halfway' done
- Valve release Dota 2 betting app feature 'Dota Plus'
- China hit Space industry milestone by launching 300th rocket
- New Octopath traveler game confirmed to be in development
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch