Steven's Motherboard Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Corsair H110i GT - Buy from Amazon
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - SATA6G Drive: Corsair Force LS 240GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - M.2 Drive: Kingston HyperX Predator 240GB PCIe x4 - Buy from Amazon
- Storage - USB Drive: Corsair Voyager GS 64GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise - Buy from Amazon
- BIOS: F3c
- Drivers: Intel INF: 10.1.1.9, Intel ME: 126.96.36.1992, Intel USB 3.0 Adaptation Driver: 10.0.0.42, NVIDIA Graphics: 353.82, Audio: 7553, Intel LAN: 20.2.4001, Killer LAN: 188.8.131.523
The Z170X-Gaming 6 blends into the black of the case and the red highlights match the red LEDs.
RGB LEDs don't light the IO shield, but it is well labeled so you can figure out what each port does. The LEDs that illuminate the audio PCB divide are bright enough and there are different operating modes for the LEDs.
The new test bench is designed to test every aspect of the motherboard and IO. I have designed it so that the motherboard sits in a case and is cooled by fans always-on at a constant rate to keep the conditions similar during all tests. I have cut out part of the case behind the motherboard so I can get thermal images of the back of the PCB where the VRM heat spreads. System and CPU power measurements are now digitally logged.
I am also using a Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2350 for our network (including wireless AC) tests. The latest M.2, SSD, and USB technologies are also being utilized to test the maximum potential of the motherboards that are tested.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $190 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Gaming 6 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit