The Magic is in the Remote
Note: NVIDIA is including the Shield remote with the Shield, which is freaking awesome. This could be for a limited time, so watch out!
It's just a remote, right? As Kevin Spacey said playing Lex Luthor in Superman Returns said: "WRONG". NVIDIA doesn't do things half-arsed, with the Shield remote having a few things going for it.
First, you can charge it through microUSB which is just awesome. During my time with the Shield, my Shield remote ran out of battery, and I just happened to be charging my smartphone with a portable battery bank. I unplugged my smartphone and plugged the microUSB cable into the Shield remote, and voila - it was charging.
Second, the volume up/down toggle is something new - where you slide your thumb up and down the remote, adjusting the volume to your liking.
Then we have the great navigation buttons on the Shield remote, which make navigating around Android TV super easy. The back button comes in handy more than you'll know, and so does the Home button.
Lastly, the Shield remote also features a microphone - so you can talk to it and ask it to "play the Batman v Superman trailer on YouTube" or "find TweakTown on YouTube". This ease of use gives me a very Google Now/Apple Siri vibe, and I love it.
PRICING: You can find the NVIDIA Shield for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NVIDIA Shield retails for $196 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NVIDIA Shield retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
Canada: The NVIDIA Shield retails for $289 CAD at Amazon Canada.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam