Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Keyboard
Looking at the left edge of the 450K, we see that there is not a metal top plate like with their mechanical offerings. This time, we are given a plastic lower section, and the top section of the frame is also plastic but has fine grooves in it to mimic brushed metal. Lastly, in this design, without the feet extended, the key caps are all still leaning forward already.
The key layout of the seventy-four keys on the main section of the keyboard is pretty normal with a font that is easy to read. We do notice that there is a smaller backspace key than we are used to, and the enter key is large and easier to find than the usual designs offer.
Across the top of the 450K, they use the F1, F2, and F3 to allow users to swap through the profiles. The F4 key allows you to swap between illumination settings, but you need the software to change the color of the LEDs.
The F5 through F8 keys also do double duty, but this time, to adjust the polling rate. You can start with 125Hz to the left, and end up on the right moving up to 1000Hz. The rule of thumb here is, if you type too fast to get every stroke recognized, you need to raise the polling rate until all strokes are accounted for.
F9 through F12 starts the multimedia keys. F9 is used to mute the volume, F10 lowers it, and F11 raises it. As for the F12 key, this has the play/pause functionality appointed to it.
The right side of the 450K has all the standard keys one would expect. We see the print screen button also offers the stop function, scroll lock offers a previous track button, and the pause break is used for the next track. We also see that on the 2, 4, 6, and 8 keys, we are offered a second set of arrow keys.
Along the top of the 450K, as far right as you can go we find four activation LEDs. These denote if the number lock, caps lock, scroll lock, or Windows lock keys are enabled or not.
Extending the feet under the keyboard as we look at the right side of the 450K makes all of the key caps much easier to use. The lower sections are level to the user, but as you move to the back, those keys now have an increased angle that makes them easier to use.
Cougar chose to use a red bottom with this design. There are five feet to securely keep it on the desk, there is a product sticker in the middle, and a QC sticker over a screw to the right. Along both sides as well as the front, there are thin slots built into the frame to allow liquids to find their way out of the keyboard is they are accidentally let in through the top.
The flip out feet used on this design offer three-eighths of an inch increase in height. We also see that on the edge of them, Cougar was sure to add a rubber foot, so that you do not lose any of the grip with them being used.
This model does not offer the braided cover for the 1.8 meters of cable; rather it is left with the standard rubberized coating. Cougar does ship this with a Velcro strap to help maintain the wiring, and we see it terminates in a USB 2.0 connection that is not gold plated.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games