Storage and Network Performance
ixChariot Network Throughput:
The shift from Samsung based eMMC to a SanDisk doesn't result in loss of performance (a tiny drop in writes), if anything, sequential read speeds have been slightly improved. Network performance gets a noticeable boost from the new Intel 2x2 wireless AC controller, which results in smooth streaming.
Intel has a keyboard/mouse application for mobile phones to communicate with the Intel Compute Stick. Installation of this application was very simple, and while there is a slight lag between mouse commands on the phone and actual results on the screen, it doesn't heavily impact the functionality of the system. I would opt to use the application instead of a plugged in keyboard and mouse. Streaming Steam games remotely over your wireless network works better on the new Intel Compute Stick due to the improved internet and shift towards providing more graphics resources.
PRICING: You can find the Intel Boxed Compute Stick with Windows 10 Pre-Loaded for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Boxed Compute Stick with Windows 10 Pre-Loaded retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Boxed Compute Stick with Windows 10 Pre-Loaded retails for £102 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit