Multi User Throughput
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest QCA MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
Looking at our testing on the 2.4GHz band, you can see the TP-LINK device reached 90 Mbps and switching to the 5GHz band we found the Archer topping all previous solutions at 373 Mbps.
With this being the fourth router I have seen from TP-LINK, one thing I have made note of is the consistency of each product I test. Build quality has always been, from the first product to the latest, top notch and in the case of the OnHub reviewed a few months back, stellar.
The Archer C2600 stays true to this idea with solid build materials and excellent design. On the front of this unit, you will find a single button to disable all LEDs on this router while the side of the unit houses additional buttons to disable Wi-Fi and reset the system. These are features that are quickly catching on with vendors, and it's certainly nice to see this solution adopt them.
The performance of the Archer C3200 was quite good and in comparing to previously tested AC2600 solutions, it ranks near the top in both LAN to LAN and 2.4GHz throughput while 5GHz throughput it ranks near the top as the third quickest on the 80MHz band. Performance numbers for this solution break down with 952 Mbps over LAN with WAN topping out at 860 Mbps. The wireless bands reached peak numbers of 192 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band while the 5GHz band topped 448 Mbps. And in looking at the MU-MIMO numbers, we found the Archer to be the quickest solution to date on both the 2.4 and 5GHz bands.
As you may have noticed over the past few reviews, TP-LINK uses the same platform on each of their routers. While this platform doesn't have a fancy name, it is one of the cleanest interfaces I have used. As you have seen in the screenshots, the menu is very straightforward with basic and advanced menus for the standard consumer. They will be able to navigate the basic section with ease and change settings for their wireless network. Prosumers and enthusiasts will be able to go into more detail and change bands and signal strength among other things with the advanced menu.
Overall, the Archer C2600 is a solid solution built upon the new Qualcomm Atheros MU-MIMO EFX platform.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||88%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: A great interface, solid performance with technology that's looking forward make the Archer C2600 a great solution for users wanting to upgrade their wireless network.
PRICING: You can find the TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router retails for £145 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Anthem's world is always changing, says BioWare
- Battlefront II embraces the dark side and adds Count Dooku
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series