Benchmarks – SMB Workloads RAID 0
For the SMB workloads, I have removed all the previously tested NAS appliances. This is because I didn't want appliances tested with hard drives mixed in with SMB workloads because there's too much of a difference in the results.
As you can see here with the database workload on RAID 0, the Synology device was able to hit near 2300 IOPS.
Moving over to file server, we find the DS216play steadily increase its performance through the queue depth scale. At QD1, we are just under 1000 IOPS while moving up we come to a peak of 2100 at QD8.
Looking the email server, we find similar performance with QD1 just under 1000 while moving up to a peak of 2100 IOPS at QD8.
Web Server picked up slightly as peak results came in at 1900 IOPS.
In our workstation workload, we found the Synology device to produce similar performance to the previous workloads. As you can see, we have the same 900 IOPS at QD1 and ramping up to QD8 the NAS tops out at 2100 IOPS.
Benchmarks – SMB Workloads RAID 1
Swapping over to RAID 1, we start with database performance and 800 IOPS at QD1 while peak performance is reached near 2400 IOPS at QD16.
In our last NAS review of the Asustor that solution was beaten up pretty bad by the File Server workload as you can see in the chart above. With the Synology unit, I was quite surprised to see this unit handle this without issue, actually doubling the performance.
Email server had the DS216play running right with the 6202T around 2000 IOPS.
Moving on to Web server, we start with a low of 700 IOPs at QD1 and moving towards QD16 we peak at just over 2000 IOPS.
Workstation again showed promise as the DS216play started at a respectable 800 IOPS reaching a peak of 2400 IOPS at QD16.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DS216play Two-Bay Consumer NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS216play Two-Bay Consumer NAS retails for $269 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS216play Two-Bay Consumer NAS retails for £193 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- Vandexafil Ultra New Male Enhancement Formula! Gain
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire