Features and Included Accessories
Obviously, the key question that everyone will ask is what makes it so different to the pack in controller despite the higher price. That's where the packed in accessories come to the fore. By default, the controller ships with additional paddles for the rear of the controller, a number of different thumb sticks which offer both a different grip and length, and a brand new dome style DPAD controller.
The key feature of the controller is the ability to switch out items on-the-fly to customize the controller to your liking. Unlike many of the other enhanced controllers on the market that do this, you don't need a screwdriver to change parts out. Instead, you pull the item you want to switch out and replace it with the new item, or with the paddles unhook and hook them in as required.
A lot of the components are optional as well. For example, if you are not using the paddles in a game you might be playing, they do not have to be present on the controller. It's certainly this ease of use that makes it easier to recommend than those other custom controllers available for the Xbox One.
It's entirely possible, and one of the key features of the controller, to have different lengths of thumb sticks when playing, and not only that, have different types of thumb stick grips as well. It's a controller that almost everyone will have a different configuration for, and it's very likely that you will have different control sets for each game that you play. The controller also supports changing the hair trigger locks making the triggers reach full lock a lot quicker than usual.
The case that the controller comes with is not only a perfect storage device for the controller but also is the perfect place to keep the interchangeable items. They are small and would be easy to lose, so this inclusion was necessary. The case also does not feel cheap, featuring a zipper to lock the case, and a nice soft material as the cover, which again reinforces the premium nature of this device.
One thing which is disappointing given the premium nature of the device is that it still uses AA batteries. Microsoft has chosen not to include a play and charge kit for the Elite, and perhaps the additional cost that no doubt would have been added to the retail price may have been worth it because it's the only thing that lets the controller down.
Further enhancing the ability to customize the controller, the Xbox Accessories app can be downloaded from the store. It allows you to setup two different configurations for the buttons on the device, and many more can be stored within the app and loaded onto the device meaning that you have a nearly unlimited amount of configurations available. This also allows you to remap the face buttons.
For example, if you find that you like the X button in the position where the Y button sits on the default controller, you can configure it that way. The app is also available for Windows 10, and the device is completely compatible with Windows 10, meaning you in some ways are buying two controllers in one.
PRICING: You can find the Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Gaming Controller for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Gaming Controller retails for $149 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Gaming Controller retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!