Packaging and a Closer Look
As you can imagine, packaging for the Accusys was quite large and beat up by the time it arrived at the lab. Inside we found a rather well designed and aesthetically pleasing 3U rack. As you can see above, 16 bays float across the front of the enclosure all spring loaded for easy access. On the left edge are several LEDs so that when powered up you can retrieve the status of the device.
The scope of delivery includes the power cords, rackmount rails, and reading materials.
Hiding in the bottom of the packaging box were a set of sixteen 4TB Western Digital SE HDDs.
Here we have a better look at the front of the Accusys. All 16 bays have their own set of LEDs to denote activity and power.
Looking at the back of the unit, you will notice that this has redundant power supplies along with two cooling fans with the central mounted Thunderbolt unit. This Thunderbolt unit has four host ports along with an HD mini-SAS connection for expansion.
Diving right in we pulled the power supplies and cooling units from the enclosure.
Further inspection shows each of these power supplies rated at 400 watts.
Opening up the main Thunderbolt unit, you can see four Thunderbolt controllers are to the far right with four PLX ICs next to those. Further, the main board houses two LSI SAS controllers - one connecting to the large PLX chip on the daughterboard and the second to connect to the HD mini-SAS and expansion.
Above, we have the 2GB stick of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Iron Harvest smashes through Kickstarter goal, $1m is close
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 PC sales hit life-time revenue mark
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - Broly/Bardock DLC release date unveil
- Fortnite mobile makes $1 million in-app purchases in 3 days
- Brigitte Lindholm shield bashes into Overwatch, now live
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit