We've all heard about it, BTX. This is supposed to be the next industry standard in motherboard and case designs, but it is still very slow to come. As a matter of fact, at the time of this writing there are no readily available mainboards on the market that utilize this new form factor. Now don't get me wrong, I believe that it will eventually make its way to the market and it will indeed become the new standard, but it is taking a terribly long time to come to fruition.
So what happens when it does become a reality and you're ready to make that move to upgrade to a BTX style motherboard? Will you have to dump your case and buy another one that supports the new layout? To answer this in one word, no.
Since the BTX standard has already been standardized, Thermaltake has come up with a simple solution in the form of a BTX Upgrade Kit. While it doesn't come as a standard feature of the Armor series enclosure, it is available already for you so that you'll be prepared for the new toys when they finally show up in the stores.
The kit comes with everything needed to convert the case to a normal BTX design. Just mount the BTX version SRM plate, replace the complete back panel, screw in a few standoffs in the proper place and you're set. With enclosures getting expensive again, it is good to see that Thermaltake has taken a serious stance with regards to us wasting our money.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 2 [The Exterior]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 3 [Exterior Continued]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 4 [The Interior]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 5 [Interior Continued]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 6 [Future Proof?]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019