What's this? You say you just have to have more hard drives? No problem, just make use of this extra hard drive storage area toward the rear of the case. It will hold 3 more hard drives and also has a 90mm exhaust fan directly behind it to help keep those drives cool.
Ah, but you think that exhausting the hot air from inside the case won't help?
Consider this. When a case has proper airflow, the interior of the enclosure does not get that much higher than ambient. While the temperatures will indeed rise a bit, it won't be hot enough that it won't aid in cooling the hard drives mounted in this drive bay. The flow of air over the HDD will still be plenty to make sure your system runs just as it should.
Another consideration is that there is more exhaust than intake. This isn't as big an issue as it normally would be since the entire front of the enclosure is set up for airflow, but with all the air being "sucked" out of the case, you will keep ambient temperatures within the box at a level where cooling should be little concern.
In keeping with the "tool-free" concept, Thermaltake has gone with an older design PCI retention system. While only my opinion, I think this is one of the better designs since you can easily activate only the clamps you need and they don't get in the way of tall peripherals. Some of their other designs don't like tall cards, and still others require you to disassemble the entire PCI rail to get at even a single card. This one is very simple and durable. Lets take a little closer look at the way it works.
Simply raise the appropriate clamp and remove the PCI cover plate. Once you install your peripheral, slide the clamp back down and snap it lightly into place. You're done.
Early on I had made mention of the top exhaust fan. It is "only" a 90mm variety but adds to the overall exhaust capacity of the enclosure. This effect will force you to clean those front filters regularly, but they will also provide a case layout that will give ample airflow without a large amount of noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 2 [The Exterior]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 3 [Exterior Continued]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 4 [The Interior]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 5 [Interior Continued]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 6 [Future Proof?]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit