If you thought that only the exterior portion of this design has seen improvements, think again. There is enough storage space inside this thing to make a server box green with envy. So lets get the ball rolling and see what all we have inside the box.
If you'll recall a couple of pages back, I mentioned all those drive bays. While it looked good from the outside, we really need to delve within to see how everything goes together. As you can see, every drive bay is the same all the way down the bay tower. The only things that differ are some of the specialized mounts that handle specific tasks. And like I mentioned before, every bay is interchangeable with any device so you have no limit to the amount of flexibility available for your own personal desires and designs.
For the past few years, the concept of a "tool-free" enclosure has hit big with the enthusiast community. While some of the designs have changed a bit, Thermaltake still takes this idea seriously enough to include it in their newest enclosure models.
Above, you'll see that the clear plastic retention plates raise up to allow easy installation of an optical device. It uses the same easy method to insert any of the specialized bay boxes. If you happen to be old fashioned and just have to have that added security that only some screws can provide, fear not since you can still secure your drives in place with screws as these retention plates have small holes in the standard locations of the drive. It's as easy as that.
This little gem is the bay box that was seen toward the bottom of the enclosure's bay tower. It serves as a specialized storage platform for up to 3 hard drives, plus has a lighted 120mm fan installed to the front panel to allow for intake of fresh air into the case. Having all that cool air blowing directly over the hard drives is just an added bonus.
This module takes up 3 spaces in the bay tower, but again, you can insert it anywhere you want in the setup. As far as mounting the hard drives goes, simply place them into any of the 3 available bays and mount them normally with screws. Then slide the module back into the bay tower and secure the retention covers to keep everything where you want it to be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 2 [The Exterior]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 3 [Exterior Continued]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 4 [The Interior]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 5 [Interior Continued]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 6 [Future Proof?]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit