Moving to the side of the case shows a new design in window effect. It is a 3-window design but is done with a single piece of Plexiglas. While this may seem a tricky way to do the effect, it is actually better since there are not air inlets between the windows. You're cooling will go from the front of the case to the rear with no unfiltered intake from the side panel. You can, of course, add a side fan at a later time if you feel like customizing the design even more.
The side panel is held closed by two latches that surround the center window. These latches are easy to manipulate and offered no problems with opening the enclosure. For those who have a desire to secure the case, the top latch has a locking mechanism included.
Moving to the backside of the case gives us an almost normal appearance, but there are a couple of things to make note of.
The first thing you'll notice is that the power supply mounts in a different position than you're probably accustomed to. This allows a couple of things to happen. First, the sideways mounted alignment gives you the open space to toss in another 90mm fan next to the power supply. Second, it opens the door for future BTX compatibility, but I'll talk a little more about that in a bit.
You'll also note the small circles next to the power supply. These are removable tabs that allow tubing for your water cooling system to be routed to the exterior of the case. We first saw this in the Shark series of enclosure, and since water cooling is getting more and more popular, Thermaltake decided to continue the trend of adding this feature for those who need it. Also included in the goody box are plastic grommets that protect your tubing when it is routed outside the case. The cutouts are approx 5/8" in diameter (about 16mm), so will be compatible with either 3/8" or 1/2" tubing. I wouldn't recommend running a 5/8" OD tube as you wouldn't be able to use the plastic grommet to protect the plastic.
The top of the case features a largish oval shaped design that works as both an exhaust vent and a hiding place for those extra I/O ports. The venting is handled by another 90mm fan mounted under the rear portion of the molding. The I/O ports are tucked away under the small circular door toward the front.
Here they are a bit closer. Nothing out of the ordinary here; you get a pair of USB ports (2.0 of course), a IEEE1394 Firewire port, a speaker/headphone jack and a port for a microphone. Given the height of this enclosure, a top mounted I/O might cause problems, but I found it to work very well and even was able to access with the case sitting under a desk.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 2 [The Exterior]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 3 [Exterior Continued]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 4 [The Interior]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 5 [Interior Continued]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 6 [Future Proof?]
- Thermaltake Armor - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem head compares finished game details to upcoming demo
- Resident Evil 2 Remake 'one-shot demo' hits 2m players
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019