128K Sequential Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 6,500 seconds, or 1.8 hours, receiving performance data every second. A sequential steady state is achievable in a much shorter span of time than a random steady state. We plot both MB/s and Latency. We plot MB/s using blue scatter and Latency using orange scatter. We observe that both the SM863 and PM863 achieve steady state at 0 seconds of preconditioning, indicating that the previous 2x plus LBA fill phase achieved a sequential steady state. Both drives exhibit tight, consistent performance.
Samsung specs the 960GB SM863/PM863 as capable of delivering up to 485/475 MB/s sustained sequential write speeds. With our configuration, we can extract significantly better results. The SM863 is delivering 530 MB/s at QD8-32, the PM863 510 MB/s at QD8-32; indicating that Samsung's sequential write specifications are quite conservative. As we've seen so far, the SM863 is capable of delivering a nice performance boost over the 845DC EVO. The M510DC is again easily outperformed by all three of Samsung's offerings.
All of the drives in our test pool achieve maximum performance at QD4. The PM863 is the star of the show delivering a massive 559 MB/s sustained sequential read performance. This is well over the 520 MB/s quoted by Samsung. The SM863 is not far behind, with 555 MB/s sustained sequential read performance. Micron's M510DC is again overmatched.
Conclusion: All of the Samsung offerings in our test pool deliver best-in-class sequential performance.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for $571 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for £497 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series