Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
Not only are the key caps gone, but so is anything fancy on the packaging. The NovaTouch TKL Barbone Premium keyboard comes in a plain, unassuming box.
The only thing on the box that identifies it at all is found on one of the shorter ends of the box, and that is the product sticker with barcodes. Rather than the normal GKCT1, we indeed were sent the SGK-5000-GKCT2-US variation.
Even when you first open the box, nothing seems out of order with anything. The foam liner covers the fact that the caps are not there, and the extras that come along with the keyboard are tucked in under the cardboard at the back.
From that space behind the keyboard, we first removed the 1.8 meters of braided cable. At one end is a small gold plated connection that plugs into the back of this keyboard, and at the other end is a gold plated USB 2.0 connection for the PC.
Cooler Master also sends a steel wire key puller that grabs under the corners of the caps to lift them off and do not tend to scratch the keys like the usual plastic key pullers do. They have also sent a single spring in the bag for the center switch of the space bar.
This guide starts out with a list of specifications inside. After that section, we are explained that you can change the repeat rate by holding the Function key and using F1 through F4 for 1X, 2X, 4X, or 8X rates respectively. The F5 through F12 keys offer you play/pause, stop, last track, next track, Windows lockout, mute, volume down, and volume up. Beyond that, the guide states these are 45-gram Japanese switches and covers the terms of the warranty on the back.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master NovaTouch TLK Barebone Premium Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz