It is no doubt that SLI and nVidia are the biggest words on everyone's lips still and probably will be for some time yet. AMD Athlon 64 has been given a huge boost over the Intel platforms, since as of right now SLI simply isn't possible unless you get yourself a Xeon system on the Tumwater Workstation solutions, and this will set you back quite a bit of money.
The nForce4 SLI chipset has combined all of the great features of the nForce3 250GB and built further with the first official dual PCI-E graphics solution. Gigabyte's adoption of the K8NXP-SLI is nothing short of brilliant.
The 3D1 from Gigabyte is a revolutionary product, even though it only runs on the K8NXP-SLI board due to the limitations of SLI. We hope to see Gigabyte produce an nForce4 Pentium 4 SLI board that can support this card, so it's not just a single board/single card solution.
As far as pricing goes, the bundle isn't initially a cheap buy however if you run the sums of buying the motherboard separately and two 6600GT cards, it will cost you around $600 US whereas the 3D1 bundle goes for around $550 US on retail sites like Newegg, Buy.com and Zip Zoom Fly.
Overall we really enjoyed the performance and package of the K8NXP-SLI and the 3D1 and in all Gigabyte has given the end-user just what you are looking for in a gamer's board without the need to purchase two 6600GT video cards, simply plug your 3D1 in and you are set.
Supports 3D1 Flawlessly
Additional RAID controllers
Supports other SLI cards if you wish
Overclocking was somewhat lax
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz