It is no doubt that SLI and nVidia are the biggest words on everyone's lips still and probably will be for some time yet. AMD Athlon 64 has been given a huge boost over the Intel platforms, since as of right now SLI simply isn't possible unless you get yourself a Xeon system on the Tumwater Workstation solutions, and this will set you back quite a bit of money.
The nForce4 SLI chipset has combined all of the great features of the nForce3 250GB and built further with the first official dual PCI-E graphics solution. Gigabyte's adoption of the K8NXP-SLI is nothing short of brilliant.
The 3D1 from Gigabyte is a revolutionary product, even though it only runs on the K8NXP-SLI board due to the limitations of SLI. We hope to see Gigabyte produce an nForce4 Pentium 4 SLI board that can support this card, so it's not just a single board/single card solution.
As far as pricing goes, the bundle isn't initially a cheap buy however if you run the sums of buying the motherboard separately and two 6600GT cards, it will cost you around $600 US whereas the 3D1 bundle goes for around $550 US on retail sites like Newegg, Buy.com and Zip Zoom Fly.
Overall we really enjoyed the performance and package of the K8NXP-SLI and the 3D1 and in all Gigabyte has given the end-user just what you are looking for in a gamer's board without the need to purchase two 6600GT video cards, simply plug your 3D1 in and you are set.
Supports 3D1 Flawlessly
Additional RAID controllers
Supports other SLI cards if you wish
Overclocking was somewhat lax
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series