The C7Z170-OCE's BIOS is quite appealing to the eyes; however, navigation could be improved with better keyboard shortcuts. Otherwise, you can use the mouse to reach some menus; mouse movement is fluid.
The BIOS has almost every option you need for basic overclocking, and the only area where it lacks is in fan control regarding settings availability. CPU overclocking is quite easy, and Supermicro has provided both built-in profiles and the ability to save your custom profiles. The BIOS also doesn't reset all settings after a crash, the auto rules are more acceptable than previous boards, and overall it feels more finished than previous Supermicro enthusiast offerings. It does lack the ability to take screenshots, and this is only the first release BIOS for the board, so as time progresses, Supermicro should fix any bugs.
Supermicro does not have a fancy software suite, but perhaps that is a good thing since you will not encounter any issues motherboard software. However, you are limited to fan control in the UEFI, and it is quite basic. There is a software program called SuperDoctor5, which is a manageability program for system monitoring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-OCE Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z170-OCE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z170-OCE Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber settles lawsuit with Indian rape victim
- Outlast games coming to the Nintendo Switch in Q1 2018
- Anheuser-Busch places order for 40 Tesla Semi trucks
- Celebrities will answer your Google search questions
- Justin Roiland introduces Squanch Games and teases new title
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series