Overclocking – Let's See How Far We Can Go
ASUS pushes the clock speeds on its ROG video cards as high as it can, so we didn't have any additional OC headroom. I expected as much, with the performance on the card not changing at all – only a few percentage points between the 'stock' clocks on the factory overclocked card, and the barely-there overclock we were able to manage.
Anything above 20-30MHz on the GPU resulted in severe instability, with black screens popping up and a reboot required.
ASUS has already pushed the card to its near maximum, so you will only want to overclock the GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum if you're putting it under water.
Nearly all of the GTX 980 Ti cards have the same power consumption, coming it at around 360W with our full system. We have 360W of total system power consumption.
With the ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum under full load, we had around 340W of total system power consumption. Not too bad at all.
Even during our BF4 gaming sessions, the ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum didn't make a peep. Once the fans were manually cranked up, it wasn't as loud as some of the other cards we've tested.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum Video Card for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum Video Card retails for $850 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum Video Card retails for Â£670 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 4 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – 3840x2160 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – 3440x1440 UltraWide]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking, Power Consumption & Sound Testing]
- Page 12 [What's Hot & What's Not]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media